hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: success story
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:45:30 GMT
Great stuff Andrew.

(I added an entry to the powered-by page.  Please fix if I misrepresent).

St.Ack

Andrew Purtell wrote:
> I just wanted to take this opportunity to report an HBase success story.
>
> We are running Hadoop 0.18.1 and HBase 0.18.0.
>
> Our application is a web crawling application with concurrent batch content analysis
of various kinds. All of the workflow components are implemented as subclasses of TableMap
and/or TableReduce. (So yes there will be some minor refactoring necessary for 0.19...)

> We are now at ~300 regions, most of them 512GB, hosted on a cluster of 25 nodes. We see
a constant rate of 2500 requests/sec or greater, peaking periodically near 100K/sec when some
of the batch scan tasks run. Since going into semi-production over last weekend there has
been no downtime or service faults.