hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Pigi project
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 17:30:05 GMT
cure@g.pl wrote:
> ..
> We will prepare a short technical presentation, but at this moment i'll
> try to answer your questions:
>
>     1) How does it work ?
>
>     The idea is based on fact that identifiers in hbase table are sorted
> lexicographically.
>     For every 1:n relation Pigi maintains additional table (index table).

Is Clint Morgans' HBASE-883 work of use to you?

>       2) Why the name Pigi?
>
>                there are no specyfic reason..... :-)

Logo should be easy enough I'd say.  Smile.

>       5) Distributed object cache?  How?  Sounds great.
>             in future we will need to write distributed cache - something
> like TreeCache - or use some existing solution.
>             We need it to reduce reads from hbase - like in hibernate and
> any Cache.

Would suggest you air any proposals out here on the list -- maybe better
up on hbase-dev -- because I'd guess you are not the only folks in need.

Looking forward to more on your porcine project.

Great stuff,
St.Ack