hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject success story
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:11:25 GMT
I just wanted to take this opportunity to report an HBase success story.

We are running Hadoop 0.18.1 and HBase 0.18.0.

Our application is a web crawling application with concurrent batch content analysis of various
kinds. All of the workflow components are implemented as subclasses of TableMap and/or TableReduce.
(So yes there will be some minor refactoring necessary for 0.19...)

We are now at ~300 regions, most of them 512GB, hosted on a cluster of 25 nodes. We see a
constant rate of 2500 requests/sec or greater, peaking periodically near 100K/sec when some
of the batch scan tasks run. Since going into semi-production over last weekend there has
been no downtime or service faults.

Feel free to add "Trend Micro Advanced Threats Research" to the powered by page.

   - Andy