hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Slava Gorelik" <slava.gore...@gmail.com>
Subject BatchUpdate
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:49:53 GMT
Hi.Few small questions:
1) BatchUpdate.*getTimestamp<http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/BatchUpdate.html#getTimestamp()>
*() - If i understand correct, this method should return the timestamp that
row will be committed with.
  But how the BatchUpdate will now the timestamp ? Isn't this timestamp
should be only known after the row is written ?
  Any way, the value returned is always the same and not correct.

2) Delete Cell - i saw in the FAQ that need to add a delete record and
commit it with exactly the same timestamp like the original
   row, but i didn't found any commit method with timestamp.

3) For my update operation i need to check if the row that my application
holds is still contains most recent data and only in this
   case i'll update some cells, to do this i need to lock the row -> check
the timestamp of the particular cell -> update it if
   timestamp is the same that application holds. All those operation, if
they are perform on HTable will be perform by numbers of
   RPC. I think, if it's possible to do those operation directly on
HRegsionServer, will help me to get rid off all extra RPCs. Is
   there some way to work with specific HRegionServer that row is belongs to
it ? If yes - how can i get the HRegionServer for this
   specific row.

Thank You and Best Regards.
Slava.