hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Smith" <ryan.justin.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build hadoop in eclipse
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:45:52 GMT
Another way to build hadoop (my preferred way) is to install the subversion
plugin, subclipse.
If you dont have it already, Google: subclipse  and install the plugin from
tigris.  After that, go in eclipse and click window > show view > other >
svn repository exploring.
Then add the apache source foundation svn server as a repository. (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf)
Browse to the hadoop folder and check out a branch to compile.  The new
project wizard is started.
Once its set up, it sure beats downloading and extracting by hand all
subsequent versions.  This is also good b/c its easy to add the project as a
source folder when youre debugging & its now easy to checkout any asf
project you want :)