hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)" <Jim.Keller...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Pigi project
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:44:47 GMT
In general, it is better to ask on the hbase-user mailing list because there
are a number of people doing things similar to what you are doing and may be
able to speak from experience. Neither Stack nor I really have much experience with this,
and we may not give you as good an answer.

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

From: Antoni ..... [mailto:antoni.kozielewski@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:32 PM
To: stack@duboce.net; Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)
Subject: Pigi project

We develop a big social network portal. We decided to use HBase as our data storage. During
this work, we found out that we need one to many relations between some objects. Because we
didn't want to hardcode that relations between objects every time, we created kind of ORM
framework. We want to publish this framework as an open source project (we called it Pigi),
but first of all we would like to ask you to view attached presentation and tell us what do
you think about our solution.

We would be grateful if you assess the idea and comment on the road map.

We are working also on some more technical presentation. It should be done in several days
- we can of course mail it to you if you like.

Simple usecase presentation:
        http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=dhsz359t_2fgbm9x32

 Antoni & Krzysztof