hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dru Jensen <drujen...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase 0.2.1 failing to start
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:16:47 GMT
HBase was not responding to Thrift requests so I tried to restart but
it still looks frozen.  I am seeing several error messages in the
hmaster logs after I attempted to restart hbase:

2008-09-29 12:55:23,744 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: error opening
region {table},{key},1222453917858
java.io.IOException: Premeture EOF from inputStream
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.IOUtils.readFully(IOUtils.java:100)
	at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient
$BlockReader.readChunk(DFSClient.java:967)
	at
org
.apache.hadoop.fs.FSInputChecker.readChecksumChunk(FSInputChecker.java:
236)

and:

2008-09-29 12:58:50,067 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: error opening
region {table},{key},1222453917858
java.io.IOException: Could not obtain block: blk_-2905695662732817278

Any ideas what would cause this? Can I recover this data?

HBase 0.2.1
Hadoop 0.17.2.1
Cluster of 3 boxes, dfs replication = 1.