hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dru Jensen <drujen...@gmail.com>
Subject missing rows in MR process
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 19:03:16 GMT
hbase-users,

I have two MR processes that run one right after the other in a
script.  The first reads from a file and populates a table.  The
second uses a TableMap over that table that was just populated.

The first MR process inserted 1950 rows successfully and everything
looked correct.  For some reason the second MR process only got 76
rows as input.  I ran the exact same MR process and the second time it
got all 1950 rows.

Is there some time delay between the MR batch update of the first
process and the scan of the second?  How can i make sure this commit
is complete before launching the second MR process?

This is using the Release Candidate 0.2.1 running on Hadoop 0.17.2.1.

thanks,
Dru