hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Naama Kraus" <naamakr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase, Hive, Pig and other Hadoop based technologies
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 07:59:54 GMT
Both Pig and Hive are written on top of Hadoop, is that correct ? Does this
mean for instance that they would work with any implementation of the Hadoop
File System interface ? Whether it is HDFS, KFS, LocalFS, or any future
implementation that may be implemented ?
Is that true for HBase as well ?

I am assuming Pig and Hive use the Hadoop standard M/R framework and API, is
that right ?

Thanks, Naama