hbase-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Szlapinski <krzysztof.szlapin...@starline.hk>
Subject Re: setting up hbase develop environment
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:31:08 GMT
Answers inline:
> Hi all,

hi
> I am a new comer to hbase/hadoop and I'm a little confused about setting up
> the developing environment.
>
> I thought hadoop comes with hbase (in contrib folder or so) but it's not in
> the hadoop version I downloaded (0.18.0). So should I download hbase
> seperately?

not it is not
you should download
hadoop 0.17.2.1
and
hbase 0.2.1 (http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.2.1-candidate-2/)
> Then how can i put them into a single project and build together? (since i
> am eventually interested in hbase, but may also want to make changes to
> hadoop if needed).

Hadoop and Hbase are not just one single projects them come with a set
of tools and so on.
Since you have to configure Hbase and hadoop it is good approach to keep
these projects in a seperate directories

krzysiek