hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: problem about hbase performance evaluation tool
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:47:54 GMT
Thanks for the logs Chu Shih-Tsun.

Going by the machine names on the logs, two instances were participating
in this test.  One carried master, jobtracker, namenode, etc., and the
other a datanode, tasktracker, and regionserver.  Is that right?  A
single regionserver should be able to sustain 8 concurrent client
uploads -- at least it has in my experience though admittedly on
different hardware.  If you have 5 instances, I would suggest, one node
for jobracker, namenode, and master and then run datanode, TT, and
regionserver on the other 4.

Looking in your master log, all seems fine. Your regionserver log is
short.  It only has a few lines in it.   It may not have had DEBUG
enabled either (See FAQ for how -- though you have enabled it on the
master I can see so you know how to).

Would suggest wiping your hdfs, and starting over with the new 0.2.1 RC2
which you can find here:
http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.2.1-candidate-2/

Thanks for your patience,
St.Ack