hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Mason" <charlie....@gmail.com>
Subject A Problem With The Thrift Scanner Interface
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:31:57 GMT
Hi All,

I have been working on interfacing HBase with C# using thrift. I am
currently writing a lightweight ORM style wrapper to make interfacing
with data in HBase easier. I am currently trying to implement a
scanner and I am running in to a problem.

The scannerOpen function seems to always require a column list, wear
as with the REST interface it can be left empty in which case all a
rows columns are returned. If I provide an empty column list via
Thrift no columns are returned.

Is there something I am missing or this just a missing future with the
thrift interface? I am running the 0.2 release.

Charlie M