hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dru Jensen <drujen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unknown Scanner Exception
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:34:19 GMT
Hi J-D,

I watched as one of the map tasks completed successfully.  Another one
was launched as a child of the second MR task. then I get the Unknown
Scanner Exception:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name:
-463563612898654250
	at
org
.apache
.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.next(HRegionServer.java:1115)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HbaseRPC$Server.call(HbaseRPC.java:473)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:896)

Method)
	at
sun
.reflect
.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl
.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl
.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
	at
org
.apache
.hadoop
.hbase
.RemoteExceptionHandler
.decodeRemoteException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:82)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager
$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:885)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable
$ClientScanner.next(HTable.java:1321)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TableInputFormatBase
$TableRecordReader.next(TableInputFormatBase.java:202)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TableInputFormatBase
$TableRecordReader.next(TableInputFormatBase.java:84)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask
$TrackedRecordReader.next(MapTask.java:158)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:45)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:
2124)
I checked the table in the UI but it still only shows 4 regions.  Up
to this point, I have not been able to get this process to complete so
I think there is more to this than just a failing task.  After re-
running the task, I continued to get the same error.

By creating an intermediary table, The map/reduce process completed
successfully.

Thanks again for your help.
Dru