hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Paterson" <cjrpater...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Slow inserts
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:03:12 GMT
Hi Jean,

I was running Hadoop 16.4 / HBase 0.1.3 on a single VMWare node (Ubuntu).
However having upgraded to Hadoop 17.1 / HBase 0.2.0 on the same hw it
inserts all of the rows in < 2 seconds - problem solved!

Also, do you know where can I find the API docs for 0.2.0?

Finally I'm having trouble with the syntax in the new shell for retrieving
the latest 5 versions of a row. Off the top of my head (I'm away from my
desk now) I'm using "get 'iptable', '192.168.1.1', VERSIONS = 5" but this
doesn't seem to work (removing the versions part does).

Cheers,
Chris