hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jim Kellerman <...@powerset.com>
Subject RE: [Announcement] hbase-0.18.0 is now feature frozen
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:34:28 GMT
I do not want to get HBase as far behind the curve as we were with 0.2.0. Until that release,
there was no version of HBase that worked with hadoop-0.17.x.

What I'd like to do in the future is feature freeze HBase when a new Hadoop release comes
out, apply only bug fixes and release a new HBase as soon as possible after Hadoop releases.

Any features not included in a release will be included in the next one. In this way, there
will always be a version of HBase that works with each released version of Hadoop shortly
after the Hadoop release.

---
Jim Kellerman, Senior Engineer; Powerset (a Microsoft Company)