hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Need some help? LongWritable cast to Text Error
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 05:02:33 GMT
You are using TextInputFormat?

It makes records whose key is of type LongWritable and value Text.  In 0.1.x
hbase -- which you seem to be using -- TableMap takes keys of type Text and
values of type Text.  There's a type mismatch that needs resolving.  Subtype
TIF so you make records whose key is of type Text instead?

In 0.2.0 hbase, TableMap has been changed.  Instead it takes keys of type
ImmutableBytesArray.  Would still need to make a subclass of TIF that did
the necessary conversion.

I suppose hbase should bundle a TIF that outputs TableMap-appropriate
records?

St.Ack