hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Leon Mergen" <l...@solatis.com>
Subject Re: Question about how queries are distributed
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:25:36 GMT
Hello Jean-Daniel,

Ok, thank you for your response. I was worried that maybe because when using
Thrift, the client would have to do any communications with a Hbase
regionserver through the master server -- while I still don't quite
understand how it's solved with Thrift, as I understand it, the Thrift
client code (as in, the code that I embed in my application) will not query
the master server "after it learns the location of the ROOT HRegion", and
from then will talk directly to the RegionServers, since the Thrift API
actually fully implements the regular Java HBase client, even when working
from a language such as C++ ?

I always thought Thrift was a simple way to serialize/unserialize data in an
efficient and platform independent manner, but sounds like it's more
advanced, which is good. :-)

Regards,

Leon Mergen

--