hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbase single-Node cluster config problem
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:57:44 GMT
Yabo-Arber Xu wrote:
> Hi J-D,
>
> Thanks, J-D. I cleaned HDFS directory and re-run it. It's fine now.
>
> Wondered if there is any documents out there showing how to expand such one-
> computer-with all-servers structure to a truely distributed one but without
> re-importing all the data?

Not that I know of.  Would suggest you try adding datanodes first.  Once
you have your HDFS distributed successfully, then add regionservers.
Should be straight forward enough.  Write here if you run into any
issues or you figure out something generally applicable.  Good luck.
St.Ack

> Thanks again,
> Arber
>
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Yair,
>>
>> It seems that your master is unable to communicate with HDFS (that's the
>> SocketTimeoutException). To correct this, I would check that HDFS is
>> running
>> by looking at the web UI, I would make sure that the ports are open (using
>> telnet for example) and I would also check that HDFS uses the default
>> ports.
>>
>> J-D
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.research@gmail.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I am trying to set up a hbase cluster. To simplify the setting, i first
>>> tried the single node cluster, where HDFS name/data node are set on one
>>> computer, and hbase master/regionserver are also set on the same
>>>
>> computer.
>>
>>> The HDFS passed the test and works well. But, for hbase, when I try to
>>> create a table using hbase shell. It keeps popping the following message:
>>>
>>> 08/08/01 02:30:29 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> ec2-67-202-24-167.compute-1.amazonaws.com/10.254.199.132:60000. Already
>>> tried 1 time(s).
>>>
>>> I checked the hbase log, and it has the following error:
>>>
>>> 2008-08-01 02:30:24,337 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster: Can not
>>> start
>>> master