hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Gray" <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject RE: Adding version number and timestamps to Hbase map reduce
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:20:32 GMT
Toby,

Great work!

Attach it to HBASE-697.

There are a whole bunch of people waiting for that issue but no one is yet
to really take it up.  Many will be thankful that you have.

JG

-----Original Message-----
From: Toby White [mailto:toby.o.h.white@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:18 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding version number and timestamps to Hbase map reduce

(Sent this morning from the wrong email address, sorry if this gets in
the moderators way ...)

I need to be able to retrieve timestamps through the thrift interface
- after sending the query below this morning, I got my hands dirty &
looked into it properly. I've now implemented two thrift calls to
expose this information, which work for me.

Briefly, there is a Client.getCells() & Client.getCellsTs() which
mirror Client.getVer() & Client.getVerTs() - except instead of
returning a list of values, they return a list of HCells, which are
(timestamp, value) pairs.

I don't know if this API suits everyone, but it's what I need right now.

What should I do with the resulting patch? Should I attach it to eg
HBASE-697, or create a new issue?

Toby