hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announcement] hbase-0.18.0 is now feature frozen
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:40:57 GMT
Good idea, but I would go farther. I think we should feature freeze as soon
as the equivalent Hadoop release is RC. Then the HBase RC would go out with
the official Hadoop release so that shields us from any bug in Hadoop.

We should also more carefully select which feature should go into which
version. Currently it's pretty much the Far West but that's understandable
since 0.2 took so long to ship. The team is growing, it's time to structure.

J-D

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Jim Kellerman <jim@powerset.com> wrote:

> I do not want to get HBase as far behind the curve as we were with 0.2.0.Until that release,
there was no version of HBase that worked with