hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Vollmer <a...@evri.com>
Subject Practical limits of timestamp versions
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 00:22:08 GMT
We are looking at storing aggregated web-server log data in HBase and
are curious about the practical limits of the timestamp dimension of
cells. Can we use the timestamp/version dimension to store the event
timestamp? We expect to have thousands of time-related entries per
row. It's not clear if we would be better off using the timestamp in
the column qualifier instead. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

--
Alex Vollmer
Evri -- Helping users make sense of the world's information