hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hangartner <hangart...@strands.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: HBase, Stack and Jim Kellerman
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:21:16 GMT
Not to be too reactive here, but in the category of "better safe than
sorry".

If we are working with HBase 0.2.0 on Hadoop 0.17.1 right now, and in
the unlikely event there is not a HBase 0.2.0 release (and since the
clock is ticking right now to Aug. 1), is there or will there be any
provisions for backwards data migration from HBase 0.2.0 to HBase
0.1.3 if the unthinkable happens?

Previously it was commented here that HBase 0.1.3 can now run on
Hadoop 0.16.x for x > some mininum minor rev.  So it appears the only
issue would be backward migration from HBase 0.2.0 to HBase 0.1.3.

Thanks,
Rick