hbase-user mailing list archives

From lucio Piccoli <lucio_picc...@hotmail.com>
Subject why is sshd required for standalone
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:00:26 GMT

hi all

i am having trouble running Hbase on cygwin environment.
i have the set hbase to use local filesystem.
although sshd is installed and running the ssh client fails to connect to localhost.

the ssh issue is an issue that i am struggling to resolve but that leads me onto my question.

why does the hbase start up scripts need to use SSHD when using the standalone mode?

any help most appreciated.

-lucio

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT