hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jim Kellerman <...@powerset.com>
Subject RE: IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: HBase, Stack and Jim Kellerman
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:01:29 GMT
Should it be the case that HBASE-751 and/or HBASE-778 are not resolved before August 1, we
*will* cut a new release candidate for 0.2.0 and ask for a vote on should this be released
with the known bugs (in which case the bugs will be changed to fixing 0.2.1 and 0.3.0).

If the vote is -1, meaning we cannot release 0.2.0 without these fixes, then it will be up
to the community (read *you*) to contribute patches that fix these bugs. In this case, we
will cut a new release candidate as soon as patches are available, reviewed and have gotten
+1 votes from the people who reported them.

We want a hbase release that plays with hadoop-0.17 as much as anyone. If 0.2.0 is voted down,
we could build a 0.1.x release which is compatible with hadoop-0.17, however this is *not*
what we would like to do.

---