hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Marcus Herou" <marcus.he...@tailsweep.com>
Subject Re: Multi get/put
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:03:14 GMT
OK thanks, I will try 0.2!

No I was (am) using 0.1.3 but am looking in the trunk which I've noticed
have many new cool stuff.

Would you call it "safe" to start developing on 0.2 if we will use the code
in production in October ? I can live with changes of interfaces and such
but if the kernel of HBase itself will be unstable so there is potential
dataloss I'm getting a little more worried. When do you plan that 0.2 is
final ?

Yesterday my first successful ORM test cases for HBase went through in which
the batching stuff would be extremely helpful

I have many cases where I need to batch data in and out of HBase. Searching
is one: I coupled HBase to SOLR whenever I want to retrieve data by query.
HBase is only scanning which is'nt the fastest way if you have zillions of
rows :) Lucene is a good indexing system already but it is'nt very easy to
make it scale along with HBase.

I would like to have the case that whenever I add a HBase machine I as well
add indexing speed, so...we are building an indexing system which will use
HBase. HBase is great for this since the row keys are sorted. < > and =
queries will be piece of a cake. I will release both HBaseORM and HBaseIndex
as OpenSource whenever I have removed the company deps.

I would gladly contribute these stuff in a contrib source tree.

Kindly

//Marcus

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@gmail.com>wrote:

> Marcus,
>
> If you are currently building upon 0.2.0, the way to retrieve multiple rows
> is to use a scanner available from the client class HTable. The way to
> batch
> multiple rows updates is to use the BatchUpdate[ ]  version of
> HTable.commit
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> J-D
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Marcus Herou <marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > Is there a way of retrieving multiple "rows" with one server call ?
> > Something like MySQL's "where id in (a,b,c...)
> >
> > Or more like this.
> > List<SortedMap<Text,byte[]>> rows = HTable.getRows(Text[] rowKeys);
> >
> > I'm building a framework around HBase which would benefit of handling
> batch
> > wise puts and gets.
> >
> > Kindly
> >
> > //Marcus
> >

> > --
> > Marcus Herou CTO and co-founder Tailsweep AB
> > +46702561312
> > marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
> > http://www.tailsweep.com/
> > http://blogg.tailsweep.com/