hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@revenuescience.com>
Subject Adding version number and timestamps to Hbase map reduce
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:05:07 GMT
I got several questions:

1)       Can we retrieve the timestamp for a given version for a data
point in a column? I see in the documentation that HTable.get() may
return array of versions but I don't see how to get the extract the
timestamp for each version.

2)       Did anyone code a mapReduce job that retrieves older versions
of the data in the columns? I believe I will have to modify
TableInputFormat class to do so, but maybe somebody has already done so.

Thanks

-Yair