hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@revenuescience.com>
Subject RE: Slow mapreduce using Hbase , regardless on number of machines
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:22:43 GMT
Turns out that you have the word local specified when the task running
locally (see below). Check out the output

08/07/08 22:28:20 INFO mapred.TaskRunner: Task 'job_local_1_map_0000'

Thanks
-Yair

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Holstad [mailto:erikholstad@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:17 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Slow mapreduce using Hbase , regardless on number of
machines

Hi!
I kind of have the same problem and was following this thread.
I am running a mapReduce job but it doesn't show up in the
web interface nor in the logs.
The job is running fine and doing what it is suppose to do, but not
sure if it is using the full potential, not sure if it is doing it in
parallel.

Regards Erik