hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ankur Goel <ankur.g...@corp.aol.com>
Subject Re: How to copy data in hdfs and hbase from a hadoop cluster into another hadoop cluster?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:17:47 GMT
The simplest and fastest way is to use 'distcp' command in hadoop shell.
This will copy all your data in parallel using map-reduce.
The shell command would look something like this

hadoop distcp hdfs://source-namenode-host:port/source-path/
hdfs://dest-namenode-host:port/dest-path

Hope this helps

-Ankur