hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: advice in overcoming our hbase roadblocks
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:58:01 GMT
Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
> 6) we've then hit only one 'FileNotFoundErrors', and for the rest of the
> import, it continually runs into 'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.
>
>> NotServingRegionException:
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:'
>>

> The NotServingRegionException is also normal. After a split, the client
> still has old metadata so when hitting this exception it means to the client
> "hey, refresh your cache because regions changed".

One thing to add is that client may get a NSRE in the situation where
we're never successfully deploying the region.  Please see recent notes
on this list where a user's region would not deploy because of
FileNotFoundExceptions; see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-766 and if you can, try the
patch and report back your findings?

St.Ack