hbase-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <renaud.del...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Replay of hlog required, forcing regionserver restart
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:09:34 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your explanations, it gives me more insight on how HBase
works internally.

The cause of the problem was in fact the excessive load on the servers.
Processes was stuck due to excessive swapping.
I have reduced the number of Hadoop tasks in parallel from 24 to 12.
Then, I have run a hadoop job for testing. There is no more rpc timeout
errors in the logs, and HBase stays stable during the whole process (no
regionserver went down).

Thanks Andrew and Jean-Daniel for the help and advices.
--
Renaud Delbru

 excessive load, with