hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yabo-Arber Xu" <arber.resea...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrying connect to server error
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:17:19 GMT
Greetings,

I am right now using hbase in our project in "stand-alone" mode. It worked
well until today I found the following message in the log:

2008-07-21 01:16:38,564 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster: Not starting
HMaster because: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.FileSystemVersionException: File
system needs to be upgraded. Run the '${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase migrate'
script.

I actually did not do any version change recently. But, anyway, i followed
the message and tried to do "hbase migrate", but it keeps showing me the
following error:

08/07/21 02:11:51 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: localhost/
127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 1 time(s).

The same error occurs when i try to do any query through hbase shell. This
is just wierd....I did not touch any part of the hbase, and the error just
sundenly came out. Any ideas why?

Thanks for your help! The whole project is just stuck here by this error.

Arber

--
Yabo-Arber Xu <yxu@cs.sfu.ca>
Web: http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~yxu/personal/<http://www.cs.sfu.ca/%7Eyxu/personal/>