hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should hbase releases be coordinated with hadoop releases?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 03:50:17 GMT
Tho Pham,

The question is not "is hbase 0.2.0 compatible with hadoop 0.17", it's
"should we have a hbase release for each hadoop release". For example:
Hadoop   HBase
0.17     ->   0.2
0.18     ->   0.3
0.19     ->   0.4
0.20     ->   0.5
etc

Currently, we will probably release 0.3.0 way too late for hadoop 0.18 if we
follow current plans. Is it what users/sysadmin/hbasistas want? Should we
instead release 0.3 with a small set of features so that we can be even with
hadoop versions?

J-D