hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorted columns
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:57:50 GMT
Marcus,

The one thing you misunderstood is that the row key is not a column and I
guess this is caused by a RDBMS background ;) The reason why you want to
store reverted urls is that you want to have a fast scanner e.g. if you
fetch 30 lines and they are distributed on 30 different machines, the
performance will suffer. To search on column families, you have to build
search tables using MapReduce or use external indexes that I guess are
familiar for you.

Hope it helps,

J-D