hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tables location control
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 20:52:05 GMT
Krzysiek,

I think that what you want to do isn't really in the spirit of
Bigtable/HBase. Reliability and performance are achieved by a big number of
commodity nodes and not a small bunch of bigger ones in this context.

What kind of setup do you have? Maybe it will help us to solve your problem
in another way.

Regards,

J-D