hbase-user mailing list archives

From David Alves <dr-al...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Region Splits
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:06:27 GMT
Hi Guys

	I use hbase (amongst other things) to crawl some repos of infomation
and util now I've been using the Nutch segment generation paradigm. I
would very much like to skip the segment generation step using hbase as
source and sink directly but in order to do that I would need to either
allow more that one split to be generated for a single region or make
the regions in this particular table split with much less entries than
other tables.
	Is any of this possible?

Regards
David Alves

PS: Thanks Jim and Stack for your hard work on this great piece of
software. Hoping to see you guys commiting again soon, but either way
you have already done great work.