hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hql error
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 18:05:20 GMT
Are you running a single-node cluster, or multi-node?  Also, what is
your `hbase.master` property set to in your conf/hbase-site.xml?  I'm
curious whether your region server is being run within the same
process as the master.

Finally, did you do anything else prior to running that query, such as
deleting and recreating the table, or issuing a "DELETE * FROM
tablename"?  Dropping a table or deleting all rows therefrom has been
known to make regions go offline.

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)