hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase on ec2 with s3 anyone?
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 18:12:57 GMT
Hi all,

I'm about to embark on a mystical journey through hosted web-services
with my trusted friend hbase.  Here are some questions for my fellow
travelers:

1) Has anyone done this before? If so, what lifesaving tips can you offer?
2) Should I attempt to build an hdfs out of ec2 persistent storage, or
just use S3?
3) How many images will I need? Just one, or master/slave?
4) What version of hadoop/hbase should I use?  (The hadoop/ec2
instructions[1] seem to favor the unreleased 0.17, but there doesn't
seem to be a public image with 0.17 at the ready)

Thanks in advance for any advice, I'm gearing up for quite a trip :)

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonEC2

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)