hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Clint Morgan" <clint....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does HBase support single-row transaction?
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 17:06:30 GMT
> "When the application creates an entity, it can assign another entity as the
> parent of the new entity. Assigning a parent to a new entity puts the new
> entity in the same entity group as the parent entity."
>
> I think I need to sign up for app engine and use it to see if I can figure
> how the above is done.

Was thinking this may be done with row key prefix. So all members of
an entity group have the same prefix and are collocated. Then the
regions (or tablets or datastore nodes) must know not to split in the
middle of such a prefix.

Also, it would make sense that they have one table per app engine
user, and each table stores all the kinds (types) that the application
uses...

> We'd need to have HBASE-493 in place building any kind of OCC.
I see the value of 493 for OCC with single row transactions, but for
multi-row transactions i think its not useful. Basically we would have
to hold of on all row puts if any relevant row has conflicts.
cheers,
-clint