hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Lynch" <rly...@veoh.com>
Subject HTable.getRow() for only a column family?
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 17:55:36 GMT
I have a use case in which we want to access all the columns for a
supplied column family while also avoiding the overhead of reading any
other column families.  There seems to be no method for doing this but
doing a quick dive into the code it "seems" like this should be
relatively easy to allow. This seems desirable since the architecture
describes column families being stored together so reading only a single
column family should be a lighter operation.  Is this worthy of a JIRA
issue and patch?

Regards,

Ryan Lynch