hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Does HBase support single-row transaction?
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 14:48:01 GMT
Currently, it's not on our list of things to do. There are a number
of reasons why it would be better to use Zookeeper here than to try
and build it into HBase.

That said, I think you could get everything you need if you tried
Zookeeper, using that to acquire locks on the row you need a
transaction on. It's supposedly very high performance and supports
your use case precisely.

-Bryan