hbase-user mailing list archives

From c...@g.pl
Subject Re: long time scanner.iterator().hasNext()
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 06:43:59 GMT

> Any chance of your figuring where the time is being spent?  Do you have
> the facility to add dumb logging, recompile, restart cluster, and then
> check?   If you want me to send you a patch to get you going, just say so.

 i have some hypothesis, but it's only my speculation :

   i think that, when i call scanner.iterator().hasNext() it has to check
all rows in the table to find (or not) next rowId (because hasnext time
rise in line correlation with a table size). Maby problem is in sorting
rowId in the table?

   i will try to change rowId format.

   i try checkout latest version of hbase and try to check the same case
today.

   Acure.