hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Raeuber <patrick.raeu...@semgine.com>
Subject META table location
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 10:58:00 GMT
Hi everybody !

I'd kindly ask you for support at two problems.

a) Is it possible to restore tables from the hbase filesystem (local and
hdfs) ?

I tried 'hbase migrate' but as it seems it requires a local copy of the
hbase root dir ('hdfs://...' required : 'file:///').

b) Can you specify the location of the .META. directory?

It seems as if hbase by itself chooses the region server to store the
.META. table at. I used the local file system with only ONE region
server configured. Then, I stopped the hbase master, increased the
number of region servers, restarted the hbase master and the previously
generated tables where gone. On the web interface I saw that hbase had
chosen another region server for the meta directory.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and greetings from germany,

Patrick

--
Patrick Räuber
Software Developer

fon   +49 6421 304 653 - 1
fax   +49 6421 304 649 - 9
mail  patrick.raeuber@semgine.com
web   http://www.semgine.com
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin C. Hirsch
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 103635B