hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hangartner <hangart...@strands.com>
Subject Re: Running hBase in a different user account from hadoop
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 18:18:46 GMT
Thanks for that extra info.  The suggestion that we turn permissions
probably what we'll do, but for our education and the benefit of the
list maybe we'll poke at this a bit yet and see what we can get to work.

Just a couple of further questions:

1.  By "hbase rootdir", you mean "/hbase" and not a "/user/hbase"
directory in the hdfs, correct?

We first changed the owner of "/hbase" to "hbase" from "hadoop" and
that didn't help.  We then set the permissions on "/hbase" to 775 and
777 with owner "hbase", and with owner "hadoop" and that didn't help
either.

We also tried changing the Linux file system permissions to 775 and
777 and that also didn't seem to make any difference.

We'll keep at it.

2.  When you suggest we move to the head of the 0.1 branch, do you
mean an 0.1.2 pre-release since right now all the servers we check
show hbase-0.1.1 as the latest release?

Your quite welcome for the nod at the good work you've done.