hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: HTable.getRow() for only a column family?
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 17:59:59 GMT
I was thinking this is something people would want to do. Currently,
there's getMulti, which takes an array of columns you want to
retrieve. The only thing it doesn't do is have support for globbing
of some sort - ie, "give me all the columns for column family x"
without having to first know all the column qualifiers. I guess you
could do something like leave off the ":", which means the entire thing.

Would that satisfy your needs? If so, we should create a new JIRA for
the feature of adding family globbing to getMulti.

-Bryan