hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Adrien <a...@jeanjean.ch>
Subject Unable to drop table
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 11:21:14 GMT

Hello,

I just tried hbase, following the instrcutions in the API. Everything works
fine (create, insert, select) except that I can't drop a table through the
HQL shell. When I input the command ``DROP TABLE test_table; '' . There is
no error message but the table remains present.

In the master log I have the following exception:

2008-05-22 12:38:34,240 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server
handler 8 on 60000, call deleteTable(test_table) from 192.168.1.11:44546:
error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotDisabledException: test_table
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotDisabledException: test_table
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster$TableDelete.processScanItem(HMaster.java:2961)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster$TableOperation.process(HMaster.java:2750)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HMaster.deleteTable(HMaster.java:2627)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HbaseRPC$Server.call(HbaseRPC.java:413)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:901)

So, my table is not disabled...

For me it is not a real problem for now, but since I'm learning / testing a
bit of hbase, I would like to know if it is a normal behaviour, if I had to
change the table state and how.

versions: jdk 1.5.0 (sun) / hadoop 0.16.4 / hbase 0.1.2

By the way, is there an obvious link between dfs DataNodes cluster size and
hbase HRegionServers cluster ? I'm not sure what is the meaning of the fact
that the hadoop slaves file is a synonym of hbase regionServers file (as
seen in the documentation  http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/ API
), and how the hbase deals with hadoop-site.xml config file ; I mean what is
the purpose to have ${HADOOP_CONF} dir in the hbase classpath ?

Best regards. Thanks for your work.

J.-A.