hbase-user mailing list archives

From "David Alves" <dr-al...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Batch update gain
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:59:37 GMT
Hi All

            I'm currently rewriting my own TableOutputFormat classes to
comply with the new APIs introduced in the latest version and I was
wondering if it would be valuable to rewrite them as buffered writers,
meaning keeping a predetermined set of records (set by size to avoid OOME)
before commiting them to HBase.

            What are your thoughs about this?

            In another note I think it would be valuable to rewrite the
TableInputFormat class to be extendable. For example in my case I needed a
Filtered (RegExpRowFilter) TableInputFormat and could not extend the
original because its instance of HTable is package protected.

Best regards

David Alves