hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase performance tuning
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 06:24:14 GMT
Goel, Ankur wrote:

> I'll check and let you know if the code can be contributed.
> Once I get a green, I'll make some modifications to make it
> more generic and share with you folks to understand how we can
> Improve it further before posting.

A while back, I had a go at making such a Writer: see
http://www.duboce.net/~stack/hbase-writer.tgz.  Its old, probably won't
work w/ current hbase -- I haven't tried it -- and its for Heritrix 1.x
generation but shouldn't be hard to update.  When I left it, I was
trying to mavenize it and was to put needed jars -- hadoop, etc. -- up
on the Archive's build box.   Publishing such a Writer is a little
awkward given the different licenses.  Having maven pull jars seemed
like one way of working within the constraints imposed by licensing
(Archive is apparently moving toward Apache licensing which should
alleviate at least the above issue).

St.Ack