hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: remote connection to hbase
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:15:30 GMT
B connections will not show in A logs unless there is an error.

Can you connect to A from A using a java client or hql?

What do you have for your hbase.master?  Is it A's hostname and port
60000 as in "A:60000"?  (It should not be localhost if you want to
connect from a remote host).

If A is up and running and confirmed running by your connecting from A,
then go to B.  Set the hbase.master to be same as you have on A -- e.g.
A:60000 -- and then your java client or hql client should connect (Or
run the shell as follows: ./bin/hbase shell --master:A:60000).

St.Ack