hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HTable close
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:30:12 GMT
Goel, Ankur wrote:
> Hi,
>    When using Htable APIs, I don't see any method for closing
> the underlying connection(s).

Thats right.

> How are connections to Region serves handled in case a thread using
> Htable dies abruptly ? In other words how is connection close handled

If client is doing a get, it closes the connection when its done.  If
client is scanning a table and the client dies, the scanner lease
eventually times out and cleans up server-side resources.

Client does cache information about table region locations so it doesn't
have to build this information for every request but this information is
kept in a soft reference cache so should not cause any undue strain.

St.Ack