hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joost Ouwerkerk <joo...@openplaces.com>
Subject Re: HBase/Hadoop backups in EC2
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:43:26 GMT
We're actually hoping to use Hbase in an online production capacity,
so I don't think we could shutdown regularly enough to protect the
data.  We could probably stand to lose about 15 minutes worth of data,
but couldn't shut down more than once a day. Ideally we'd have some
kind of incremental replication mechanism.  I imagine that this kind
of question is among the least of your concerns at this stage in
hbase's evolution, though.